Monday, September 29, 2014

DAY 29 - EATING IN BED

As a chronic insomniac I have HORRIBLE sleeping habits – and I’m not exactly a morning person, so I wake up a bit slowly. And this morning, I didn’t wake up alone – I rarely do. As soon as they know it’s safe, the Puppy Welcoming Committee enthusiastically engages in Puppy Snuggles – truly the best way to start the day.
   Unfortunately this morning’s snuggles came with a surprise, and not a happy one. As I petted the puppies, something warm and gooey – and brown. Ick! And it wasn’t just on the puppy, it was all over the bed.
   I did what we all do – I smelled it. I don’t know why it’s what we all do, but even YOU smell stuff. But it didn’t smell bad. In fact, it smelled delicious! (But, no, I didn’t taste it.)
   I have a bad habit, a very bad habit: I eat in bed. Usually just snacks, often at 2am – only occasionally healthy. There’s that old song “You Can Eat Crackers in My Bed” – but who wants to do that? Crackers? But chocolate on the other hand . . . .  Yummmmm!
   So, yes, this morning, I was greeted by Chocolate-Covered Puppy. Now usually I would be happy with Chocolate-Covered “something/anything” – I’ve even eaten Chocolate-Covered Ants before. But Chocolate-Covered Puppy isn’t edible – so what’s the point?
   After a quick Puppy Bath (not an appreciated gesture), then my bath (no picture will be posted of that), I stripped the bed – a huge hassle and a huge bed, and 2 loads of laundry to clean it all.

   Oh well, at least tonight I get to sleep in clean sheets. And tonight I think I’ll stick to a Midnight Snack of Gummy Bears – or maybe even crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment