Monday, September 15, 2014

DAY 15 - ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END

It’s always hard when things have to change – but change is a necessary part of life. There has been a lot of change in my life recently – and apparently there is more on my horizon. For the past year I have had an amazing job, unlike anything I have ever worked on before – and I've been blessed to have some pretty amazing jobs in my life.
   Last October I got a job as a Contractor working on an amazing Customer Service Initiative at DirecTV. I was hired specifically for this project, so I knew that it would be coming to an end – originally intended for December. But, as contract work often does, my assignment transitioned – and when they found out my background they decided to have me focus on Content Development. And now all of the content is done, meaning that my part of the contract is over.
   I will miss it – the project, the people, and especially the paycheck – but that just means it's time for the next chapter of my career to begin. That was the plan all along, it’s just happening a little sooner than expected.
   So that's what today is: getting things prepared in order to begin that next part of my journey. Updating my resume, contacting some connections, getting things organized for another job hunt.
   And although this happened sooner than expected, I'm calm about it. I have no debt (except home mortgage), I have money in savings, and I have a great resume. And more than that – I have Peace. When I took this job I knew it would be a great opportunity and would be the stepping stone to the next level of my career, and I feel that even stronger now.
   So among the many things I am hoping to find along this 83-day Journey is also now a new job. I don’t know anyone that enjoys Job Hunting – but if at the end I have a new job that I love, then it is well worth the effort.

   Wish me luck. And -- the hunt begins.


The only way to do great work 
is to love what you do. 
Don't settle. 
If you haven't found it yet, 
keep looking. 
As with all matters of the heart, 
you'll know when you find it. 
-- Steve Jobs


2 comments:

  1. Good luck, anyone would be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know that you'll find a job soon. Prayers on your way.

    ReplyDelete