Monday, September 22, 2014

DAY 22 -- 21-DAYS TO MAKE A HABIT

I was fortunate enough to start my now-20-year Training Career at Franklin Covey. It was fabulous to work for a Training Company (especially the best in the business), because I got to attend the trainings all the time. I still use the stuff I learned in 7 Habits, Principle-Centered Leadership, etc., in both my personal and professional life.
   One of Stephen Covey’s leading principles is that it takes 21-days to MAKE or BREAK a habit. I love this principle, teach it frequently, and I use it constantly in my personal life. To change something “forever” seems too daunting most of the time to me – but for 21 days???  Heck, even I can do that.
   It’s how I approach diets or healthy-eating choices. Sure I can give up Diet Coke for 21 days. I can probably give up chocolate for 21 days. It’s an easy, one-bite-at-a-time approach to Eating that Elephant – or facing any big goal. And the best part is:  It Works!
   I’ve now done this blogging thing for 21-days straight. And I’m pretty proud of myself for that accomplishment. I sat down and read through the past 21 blog posts this morning – and I like seeing that I am 21-steps farther down the path of this 83-day Journey. I'm happy that I set a goal and accomplished it. And, to quote Kelly Olsen, “Nothing succeeds like success.” – so now I’m energized to keep going.

   



No comments:

Post a Comment