Tuesday, September 16, 2014

DAY 16 - LIFE IS BETTER WITH FRIENDS

There are a few things I have learned through life – and one of them is the incredible value of friendships. One of the greatest blessings in my life is the quantity of quality friends with whom I get to share my life. The past few days have been very friend-oriented, and have reminded me of this great gift of friendships.
   New Friends: With my work contract ending, I have been saying goodbye to new friends – a few that I know I will stay in contact with. As with most jobs, there are some people that you just work with – and then there are those coworkers that you really connect with. I am grateful to have made a few more of those friends this past year. One such coworker/friend was my Morning Wake-up Call at 6am for a few months (because he lives East Coast) – we clicked so well that he was referred to as my Work Husband. We worked well together, got an amazing amount of work done, and developed a lasting friendship. 
   Recent Friends: Today I went to lunch with a cherished friend, then spent most of the afternoon visiting with friends from my previous employer, Morinda/Tahitian Noni. In the year since I left Noni, a TON of changes have happened. But through it all, there are still wonderful and amazing friendships that I developed in the 8½ years working there. As I mentioned to one friend today:  Noni Friends are Forever Friends. And it’s true, so true.
   Old Friends: Tomorrow I have friends coming to stay-over for a convention in SLC. These are fabulous women that I haven’t worked with in more than a dozen years, but that doesn’t matter. We were so close that the years truly just disappear. They’re coming to a convention, but I’m guessing it will be more like a Slumber Party at my house the next few evenings.
   More than Friends: For this contract at work, I was fortunate to have a dear friend join the project in April – and a few months ago we got assigned together to develop Training Content for this project. For most of the past few months Ekitzel Wood has been my houseguest, coworker, employee – and mostly my friend. It has been great to have someone around, especially someone that I get along with so well, enjoy so much, and have so much respect for. Tonight is her last night here, before heading home to Minnesota – and I will miss her. But I also know that this time together has built an even stronger friendship, and we will always be friends.

   I could go on and on, because I have truly been blessed with amazing friends. And throughout the Journey of Life I have been granted the opportunity to have some truly wonderful people come along. And one lesson that I am finally learning is the importance of staying connected with these dear friends. Facebook has certainly made it easier, and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the “Likes” and “Comments” – and the many Messages I receive. I’m not sure who the growing-number of people are that read my blog, but I’m grateful for the astounding love and support.


Notice the people who 
are happy for your happiness, 
and sad for your sadness. 
They're the ones who deserve 
a special place in your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment