Thursday, September 25, 2014

DAY 25 - MAGICAL FOOD FAIRIES

It’s happened 2 nights in a row now – Magical Food Fairies have visited me. Now you might not be familiar with Magical Food Fairies – they are close cousins to the Tooth Fairy, and great-nieces to those adorable Fairy Godmothers.
   Yesterday these Magical Food Fairies left some delicious squash. Tonight some beautiful grape juice.
   Maybe it was my Single AND Unemployed blogpost the other day that generated some sympathies. Maybe EVERYONE in the world had squash and grape juice left on their doorsteps. Or maybe, just maybe, I am incredibly blessed to have some very dear friends who know that two of my favorite things in the world are squash and grape juice.
   But one thing I am certain of: it was Magical. Because it was Magical to me. To be thought of and to have someone make a kind gesture is the truest form of Magic. There is nothing more Magical in this world than Love and Friendship – and much more than squash and grape juice, THAT’s what was left on my doorstep.
   And the other thing I am certain of: they are Real! Not only is this not my first visit from Magical Food Fairies, but it's likely to not be my last. And they have the BEST timing – because somehow they "magically" know just when I need a little pick-me-up, or have just eaten the last crust of bread in the house. They are Real because Real people with Real hearts really know how to listen to the Spirit, and they follow the Real inspiration that Really touches peoples lives – like mine.
   So to the darling Magical Food Fairies that stopped by my house these past few evenings: Thank You! Thank you for the squash, the grape juice, and the Love and Friendship. And thank you for being Magical. And thank you for being Real. And thank you for the reminder that not only do we all need a little Magic in our lives every once-in-a-while – but that we can also BE Magic to someone, by a small simple gesture.


The day I decided that my life was magical, 
there was suddenly magic all around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment