Thursday, September 11, 2014

DAY 11 - SEARCHING FOR THAT MOMENT

The other day I got a quote entitled "Dignity" from Natalie Ficklin-Holliday, and it really resonated with me. But I decided to rewrite it to fit me a little bit better. It’s all about Dignity being the moment you come to certain realizations – and I decided that I really wanted to find THAT moment.

1. The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you, and you can follow any intellectual or spiritual path you choose.
2. The moment you realize God has greater plans – and you need to do more with your evenings than sitting around crying at night or pinning sad Pinterest quotes.
3. The moment you stop comparing yourself to others (especially the "Other Woman"), because it undermines your worth. He didn’t choose “Her” over you – he choose Sin over Righteousness.
4. The moment you live your dreams – not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do.
5. The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, and the only person you have to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
6. The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes work, timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion, and a willingness to risk it all. 
7. The moment you realize the spirits of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They still care about you and love you enough to prevent you from spending your life with someone that acts anything less than honorable.
8. The moment you realize that happiness was never about being with another person. The whole point of marriage is to have a helpmate towards achieving your life’s mission – but you can achieve your life’s mission alone too. It’s YOUR life’s mission.
9. The moment you believe that love is not about the other person. Love is within yourself and something you give freely. Sometimes you have someone special to give that love to, and other times you have lots of people to share that love with. Love is about Giving Love.
10. The moment you realize that you were always the right person. That it didn’t work out isn’t your fault – and he only tried to blame you because he was so consumed with guilt for his betrayal. Marriage is a commitment between two people. When one person turns his back on the marriage, he is the one at fault. You can’t make it work when he is unwilling to try – letting go is the only option you have.

   I thought that’s what I was building up to with the 83-day plan, to get to THAT moment. That amazing moment when the stars will align, angels will sing, and I will understand why everything happened. I wanted that Perfect Lightbulb Moment.
   And that’s when I realized it’s not just ONE moment, but a string of moments. Some of these moments I’ve had. Some I’m searching for on this 83-day journey. Some of them may never come.
   But I have had moments, some great moments. And the best part of this 83-day Plan is that I stop at the end of each day to reflect on the day, and see what moments I had today. And that’s the moment I had today: the moment I learned to see the beauty of moments.


I believe everyday should have 
at least one exquisite moment.
-- Audrey Hepburn


1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I have spent the morning reading through your lovely words and wiping tears and sometimes laughing. To bring laughter with tears is a gift that not many have. I can relate to so much of what you wrote and wish for you a never ending string of moments that bring you joy!

    ReplyDelete