Saturday, September 20, 2014

DAY 20 - THERE'S SO MUCH MORE THAN PRODUCE AT THE FARMER'S MARKET

There’s something magical about this time of year. Evenings start to cool off, leaves start to change, and the final fruits and vegetables are harvested. Since I didn’t plant a garden, I head down to the Provo Farmer’s Market almost every Saturday. Along with the freshest produce you can find (and most of it organic), there are fabulous artisans – and amazing food booths.
  Today I stopped at the Green Me truck – and I’m totally addicted to their Pear, which includes Almond Milk, Pear, Cinnamon, and Spinach. And, wishing for a vacation to France, I stopped to grab a Nutella Crepe with bananas and strawberries. Also there are fire-baked pizza, teriyaki chicken rice bowls, mini donuts, homemade tamales, yummilicious limeade, and new and different stuff every week -- at least until the last Saturday of October, when it ends for the season.
   I usually grab a variety of fruit and veggies – so much better, fresher, and tastier than the grocery store. And, of course, something for a delicious and different lunch.
   And most weeks I either go with someone, or run into someone I know. Down at Pioneer Park in Provo there’s a fun Splash Pad and great Jungle Gym (fenced=smart), a large covered pavilion, and a number of picnic tables under the trees. It’s a great place to socialize – or just spend a nice quiet afternoon.
   The puppies LOVE it when they get to go, so I said “GO!” and they both headed for the truck. Although neither is wild about the Tethered (2-in-1) Leash, if it means they get to go somewhere/anywhere then they deal with it. And dogs, especially little ones, are a magnet for kids. They get more lovin in an hour at the park than I can give them in a week – and they love every minute of it.
   And I love every minute of it too. Good food, fun atmosphere, running into friends. It’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment