Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DAY 52 - FEELING WANTED

Last week I had a fabulous interview with Apple Computers. This week I had a second interview with Fannie Mae. Today I flew to California for a Final Interview with AAA. After all the hard work at sending out resumes and applying for jobs, I am getting some great responses. And it’s nice to feel “Wanted” again.
   As I wrote a few weeks ago, being Single and Unemployed is interesting. With sending out resumes, you just hope that you have what someone is looking for. With Dating it is much the same thing.
   I’ve been on a few Dating Websites, and I’ve been on quite a few dates this summer. But it’s very much the same thing: putting my “qualifications” out there, and hoping someone is looking for what I have to offer. But Dating and Job Hunting are both very much a Waiting Game. Waiting for an email, waiting for a text, waiting for a phone call.
   Sadly, nowadays manners and concern for other’s feelings is becoming less commonplace. Guys cancel dates via text, or sometimes don’t show up at all. They’ll act VERY interested face-to-face one day, and stop responding to texts the next – without explanation, or just the “it’s not you, it’s me”. Employers hire you “At Will” – and end contracts suddenly and without notice. Loyalty is becoming a thing of the past.
   After the cruel way I was treated, I was left feeling very unwanted. So to meet some (obviously brilliant) men that are interested in me and want to ask me out on a date has been very healing for me. And getting some great interviews with some fabulous companies has been great too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment