Tuesday, October 7, 2014

DAY 37 - SOUPS ON!

Don't blink – you just might miss it, the very rare occurrence that happened today: I actually cooked something.
   Don't get me wrong, I use my kitchen every day – and I certainly didn't get hips like this by skipping meals. But usually I don't "cook”, as much as I am more of a "throw it in the microwave" type. But once in a while – on one of those full-moons-that-happen-on-a-Thursday-in-a-month-that-has-an-“R”-in-it type of day, I get the urge to cook. And today, I got the urge.
   Well, what I really got the urge for was the Food Truck Roundup – but on Tuesdays I don’t even know where it is, so I couldn’t have that kind of yumminess tonight. And once I’m in the mood for good food – well, a Lean Cuisine Frozen Entrée is just not going to cut it.
   Also, I blame Pinterest. I was on Pinterest earlier today and there was one recipe that I pinned. (I mean, I don't pin very many recipes, because … well, what’s the point.) But this one looked really yummy, so I thought: “I might be able to prepare this without killing myself”. And I decided to try it.
   Now when I say I don't cook, it's not that I'm lazy – it's that I'm terrible at it. I mean really bad. I mean so bad that sometimes even the dogs won't eat it bad. And yes – I really have made food so bad that even the dogs wouldn't eat it.
   So I dashed off to Harmons, grabbed all the necessary ingredients, came home and cut-up and chopped and sautéed – and then dumped it all in the crockpot, because it's really hard to screw up crockpot cooking – even for me.
   And I have to say: I'm still alive – and it turned out pretty good. It's kind of a Pasta e Fagioli soup, with a few extra vegetables thrown in. And not only did it hit the spot, but I have a full crockpot of soup – to last me for the next few days.
   And with the evening air turning crisp, and the leaves starting to change colors – there's nothing like a good hearty soup, and some nice Sourdough bread.

   Soups on! Come on over for a bowl. It probably won’t kill you.



And because you asked, here is the soup recipe:  http://damndelicious.net/2014/05/17/olive-garden-pasta-e-fagioli/

No comments:

Post a Comment