Saturday, October 18, 2014

DAY 48 - 10,000 HITS

You should get in 10,000 steps every day. You can go 10,000 Miles with Mary Chapin Carpenter. You can listen to 10,000 Maniacs (“These Are The Days” is my personal preference.) There is a group building a 10,000 year clock – to represent long-term and innovative thinking. 10,000 is the square of 100, and the square root of 100,000,000. Edison said of the light bulb that he’d discovered 10,000 ways not to do it. I have already lived almost twice that many days on this earth, and have about that many days until Retirement.
   And today for me: 10,000 hits on my blog. I really don’t do much more than write it, publish it, and post it on my Facebook page. But somehow parts of it have been read 10,000 times.
   That is incredibly humbling. I started this blog 2 years ago (after my divorce) to push myself to do more writing – but I was haphazard at it at best. Once in a while I would write something, but only made 15 posts in the first year – then nothing for the next year. And, well, 2014 has been unusual year for me – and honestly, I didn’t start blogging until my husband of 5-weeks left me.
   I have always wanted to be a Writer. Even as a little kid I thought I’d grow up to be a Magazine Editor. Or maybe a Librarian. But I have always loved Words. And especially since I spent most of the past year living out of a suitcase in hotels around the country, the internet became my lifeline. And blogging became my Therapy. Blogging makes me think about things, and forces me to find the words for the feelings, and demands that I come to a conclusion.
   Blogging allows me to Let Go. Once I get a topic on paper, written out and polished up to publish – there is a completeness to it. Even if I don’t find closure, there is a sense of resolution to it – and that allows me to Let Go, even if only of that one tiny piece of my broken heart. And I’m pretty sure that 10,000 is the number of pieces my heart has been shattered into – so maybe there will be 10,000 blogposts to resolve each one of them.
   But 10,000 is also the number of Hopes and Dreams I still have ahead of me. 10,000 is about the number of friends I have in this world, and 10,000 is the number more I hope to gather. 10,000 is the number of things I am grateful for, the number of blessings I receive every day, and the number of silent prayers in my heart constantly.
   Thank you for sharing this Journey with me. It has been a healing process for me – and to have 10,000 moments that I have been able to share this part of my heart with you is probably the most healing part of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment