Thursday, October 30, 2014

DAY 60 - STARTING TO DATE AGAIN

A little while ago I had an Accidental Date. And it helped me realize that I am single and it’s OK to date again. For my birthday in June, a friend gave me a membership to an online dating website – to “get back on that horse again”. Despite my hesitancy, I decided the online thing is innocuous enough.
   I really didn’t expect much, but I was surprised to get messages from a few guys – and over the past few months, a few more and a few more. Some of them just simple messages, but some a bit more. A few of them turned into texting regularly, and frequent phone calls. And quite a few of them have turned into dates – including two (with two different guys) the same weekend. Not that I want to be a “player” – but that I am giving myself permission to have fun, meet new people, and open myself to the Opportunity for Love again sometime in the future.
   Dating is weird. Most guys make too big a deal of simply asking a girl out on a date. It’s not a big deal:  if you’re interested, ask her out. It's just a date! It doesn’t have to be big or formal. I’ve had everything from formal dinners to dinner-and-a-movie to a picnic-in-the-park. Some of the guys have been nice but there wasn’t a connection, and a couple of the guys turned out to be pretty interesting – certainly interesting enough for a second date, and more.
    A bad relationship earlier this year left me feeling unwanted and unlovable. And I need to understand that it was something missing within him and not a failing on my part. I was nothing but loving and supportive – and that he became hostile and cruel at the end was hurtful, unnecessary, and left me feeling hollow. It was cruel and devastating – and I am still recovering from the destruction he caused in my life. Fortunately I am learning that there are some very nice guys still out there, and there are guys that can see that I am date-worthy.
   Because, the truth is: I am terrific! I’m not saying that in a conceited way, but that I am a good person, with a good heart, and I am exceedingly blessed in my life. I am terrific – and fortunately for me there are other men in the world who can see that. And there are some pretty terrific guys out there that I have a lot in common with and I genuinely enjoy spending time with – and it’s nice to know that too.




No comments:

Post a Comment