Monday, October 20, 2014

DAY 50 - FALLING IN LOVE WITH FALL

Today was a glorious day weather wise. It started cool this morning, warmed up into a beautiful day, and then ended with a crisp evening. A seldom-used Fire Pit got a little action. A few vibrant red leaves were stolen from a neighbor’s lawn. I stood under the tree across the street, filled with a Fall Rainbow of colors, and looked up from the center to catch a glimpse of blue sky between the fluttering leaves.
   October. Sad for the end of summer. Sadder still for the impending winter approaching. But all on its own, October is truly magnificent. Perfect for a quick drive up the canyon. Throw a couple of puppies in the back seat for a “Car Ride” – and a quick drive up to Bridal Veil Falls to soak in the beauty of nature.
   When I was in high school I wanted to be a photographer, so my dad bought me a professional 35mm camera. I loved taking pictures, laying out “stylized” shots, making friends pose. Today I was missing having a nice camera, because my iPhone just didn’t do the incredible landscape justice.
   Arctic Circle has Pumpkin Shakes. Kneaders has Pumpkin everything. Halloween decorations are out. The last of the canning is being done. I even got a call today about Thanksgiving Dinner – definitely a sign that Summer is over and Fall is firmly here.

   So one of these next few evenings, take my advice: for dinner, soup – ideally, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup; set a fire somewhere appropriate and enjoy a nice cup of Apple Cider; and take a quick stroll and gather a few of the beautiful fall leaves. We are not going to have very many more days like this before the snow flies.  



No comments:

Post a Comment