Thursday, May 24, 2018

ROADTRIPPIN - GIANT VAN GOGH PAINTING


As long as I was out looking at random stuff, I just couldn’t pass up the Giant van Gogh Painting. I mean, there really aren’t many stops to see in Kansas anyway – so I just had to add this one to the list. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but if you’re thinking it’s a giant van Gogh painting – you’d be right. Right there in Goodland, Kansas, in a little City Park – a GIANT van Gogh. And when they say giant – it’s 80-feet tall. 
   The painting is part of the Giant Easel project – the first one in Canada in 1996, and the second in Australia in 1999. The Kansas painting was done in 2001 – and no other Big Easels have been done since. And the plan for this easel in Kansas was to change out the paintings to showcase local artists – but I don’t think anything else is in the works at this point.
   So if you’re driving near Goodland, Kansas, it’s worth pulling off of I-70 to stop for a photo op. I mean, how often do you get to see one of the World Master Paintings at 24-foot by 32-foot. But (spoiler alert) I think it’s a fake.
   I wonder what Vincent would think of it???


No comments:

Post a Comment