Tuesday, June 6, 2023

DAY 1 – GETTING READY FOR MY NEXT ADVENTURE


Well, I’m at it again – another Adventure. This time – a trip of a lifetime. 40 days in Europe. (I know, right???)

            I’ve tried to go to Europe a few times. In high school, I wanted to study a year in Germany – didn’t happen. Over the years I’ve had 3 business trips to Europe planned – all got cancelled. When I got my Bachelors a few years ago, I was going to go as a graduation present – then Covid happened. And then I got my Masters last year, and decided that it was time to get to Europe – then the war in Ukraine started.

But FINALLY – nothing’s gonna stop me now! I have enough credit card points for a free roundtrip flight to Paris, a friend to stay with in France at the beginning and end of my travels, and my lovely job is giving me 5 weeks of vacation. (Did I mention that I love my job???)

            So yes, I’m on my way to Europe. Starting and ending in Paris – and in between …. Who knows! I literally don’t have any of it planned. I’ve decided to pretend I’m a 20-year-old and just backpack my way through Europe. I have a Eurail pass and International phone coverage – and a vague idea (VERY vague) of places that sound great to visit.

            I’m going all alone – and I’m traveling light. Just taking a small underseat rolling bag and a backpack – and that’s all. And I’ll do my best to post regulary, if you want to (virtually) come along.

            It should be quite the adventure. (I mean, what could go wrong?!?!?)

14 comments:

  1. Have all the fun in the world!! Literally and figuratively!! Be safe
    And enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing. I loved Scotland, enjoy your time and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast! If you’re in Copenhagen June 25-28 or Bergen, Norway July 7-8, let me know. In between I’ll be on a ship cruising the fjords of Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy for you Gena! You deserve this wonderful vacation and Europe is the perfect place for a (pretend) 20 year old with a back pack and big ideas!!!
    Can’t wait to hear all about it, in person, and through your blog. “Girls just wanna have Fun”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just incredible. I can’t wait to follow along. You are an incredible human. I love your adventures and it’s about time you started them again ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t forget the Algarve if you get the chance! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!!! Have an awesome time ,




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main thing is have FUN and be SAFE. We go way
      BACK. :)

      Delete
  8. WOW! Have a fabulous adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Considering your travel(attempt) history, I must say it's utterly irresponsible of you. However, in the event no pandemic, war or zombie attack ensues, we hope to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We would love to show you Denmark🇩🇰

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a blast!!! I'm so excited for you 💗

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why not make it 40 days longer and add Asia to the itinerary?

    ReplyDelete