Friday, June 16, 2023

DAY 12 – DAY OF REST (and sunburn) IN BARCELONA


Well, a little too much sun, on top of a lot more walking than I’m used to – and I decided to actually take a day to just Chill & Relax – on vacation.

            I don’t do that very often – just a vacation to relax. I feel like I always need to be going somewhere and doing something. My brother John is really good at taking time away to heal the soul – he definitely knows how to vacation to unwind. Maybe I need to take a lesson from him.

            So today I took the time to sleep in, eat an abundance of fruit and cheese for breakfast, and just hang out at the hotel and relax. And I do mean just relax – no TV, no books, nothing. For some reason I can’t get English subtitles on TV – and the only channels in English are BBC and CNBC (and news is not conducive with relaxing). And American Streaming Services don’t work outside the U.S. – so no movies. And that was probably a good thing. Just time alone with my thoughts (scary, right???)

That I was too sunburned to spend any time outside was definitely a contributing factor (and I was sooooo glad Sandrine had brought me some Aloe in Paris!) Sparkling Water, amazing fresh fruit, and that new blank notebook I bought – perfect way to spend a vacation day.

            I’m not very good at vacationing. I always need to have an agenda. But I’ve decided that it’s OK to give myself permission to just NOT. Not plan anything. Not need to accomplish something. Not need to be going and doing all the time. So, today, I’m Not.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you my friend! I was hoping there would be a “do nothing” day in your schedule.
    You’re gonna be one up on us all for the summer tan when you get back, thank goodness for the Aloe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPF. Also known as Sun Protection Factor. Use it! So glad you’re having a great time, even with the sunburn.

    ReplyDelete