Sunday, May 26, 2019

THIS YEAR WILL BE MY BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!

Every year I have a big birthday party. It's not because I think I'm so great, but because I have a perfect timed birthday: June 8. It's after school is out, but before vacations get started. And it's not cold anymore, but it's not hot yet. Besides, what's the point of having a Party House if you don't have parties? 

And all I ever want for my birthday, every year, is people. I don't need anything, and I already have more "stuff" than I know what to do with -- but I'll never have too many people in my life. (And I'm very blessed to have some pretty amazing people in my life!) So I love the chance to spend a wonderful evening with people that I love -- and my birthday is a great excuse to invite a bunch of great people over.

when we met for the first time
September 2018
But this year is special. 54 years ago on June 8 I got to spend a few moments with someone very special. And then this special person gave me the wonderful gift of a wonderful family and wonderful life that she just wasn't in the position to provide to me herself at the time. And now this wonderful person is back in my life -- and 54 years after she celebrated my Birth Day with me, now we are going to share my Birthday together. And I couldn't be happier.

I have lots planned while she is here visiting for my birthday, but mostly I'm excited that I get to share with her how blessed my life has been -- and that the choices she made so long ago really did turn out to be just the right ones for everyone. For everyone involved, things turned out pretty great.

So if you want to come share this extra-special birthday with me, please do -- my parties are always open to everyone. And if you want to come meet this incredible woman who has brought so much joy to my life, please do. And if you've always wanted to come to my party, but haven't made it yet -- this is the year!

As a cherry-on-top, one of my new sisters will be coming with her family too! And I'm so honored that these new family members would take time out of their hectic schedules and travel so far to come celebrate my birthday with me. So, come be part of my life-long family and my birth-family meeting each other for the first time. It's bound to be a fun and very special evening.

(If you missed my last blogpost on Mother's Day, you can read it here: https://my-blogworthy-life.blogspot.com/2019/05/twice-blessed.html)


No comments:

Post a Comment