Friday, June 23, 2023

DAY 19 – VESPA TOUR OF TUSCANY

So what’s more Italian than riding a Vespa through the Italian country side? How about crashing on a Vespa on an old country road in Italy! (UGH!) First, don’t ride with tourists – they have zero experience. And apparently my reflexes are fast enough to avoid getting hit by a reckless Vespa, but not good enough to avoid the curb she pushed me into. I’m fine. A few bruises – mostly to my ego. Other than that it was a lovely ride through the Tuscan hillside.

            After that I decided to stick to walking. I decided to walk through Florence and explore a bit more. There is a Selfie Museum, but instead I chose the Pinocchio Museum—called Museo Del Giocattolo e Di Pinocchio. The original story was written right here in Florence, and they are very loyal to the original style of Pinocchio – and not the Disney version. Very charming.

            And then I stopped at a restaurant I had heard about – Restaurant Natalino. Reservations are needed, and totally worth it. I started with a (raw) Zucchini Salad with Parmesan and Pine Nuts – drizzled with Truffle Oil. And then had Pear-stuffed Ravioli w Pine Nuts, in a Gorgonzola Sauce. One of the best meals I’ve ever had.

            I strolled through the Leather District and looked at all the amazing leatherwork – then decided to turn in early to let my bruised ego heal.

 

[And yes, I’m really fine. I write a few days behind – for safety reasons, and the bruises aren’t bad and are already starting to fade.]

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. I’m thankful you’re ok. Florence was one of my favorites in Italy. It sounds like you’re having a blast. Be safe and wishing you continued fun and adventure. I head to Denmark and Norway tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I’m so glad you’re ok! Second, what we’re you thinking?! Third, anything with Gorgonzola rocks! And last, stay away from curbs! πŸ˜‚ Love you sister from another Mister!😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your ok! A good soak in a hot bath always helps me when I have a boo boo. The food sounds wonderful, I need to go eat. Love you, stay safe

    ReplyDelete