Wednesday, July 5, 2023

DAY 32 – ANOTHER RAINY DAY

Although the app said the weather would clear by now, it hasn’t. As I sit out on the balcony, the Matterhorn makes brief appearances between the clouds -- but it’s rainy or drizzly all day long. And I couldn't be happier about it -- I actually LOVE rainy days. Another day for more writing, and more time in Finland in my novel (if you know Annette Lyon, you’ll understand why Finland).

            One of the things I love here is the fruit. I have eaten dozens and dozens of apricots, nectarines, cherries – but ooooooh, the Figs. I love figs. And I regularly grab them while shopping (or even from a lovely neighbor in Provo) – and they’ve all been about apricot-size. But THESE Figs – literally filled the palm of my hand. And the flavor – WOW! I am definitely going to miss the amazing fruit when I head home.

For dinner, more fruit and a Cup of Noodles – using the electric tea kettle I borrowed from the Front Desk. And this was the FASTEST boiling water I’ve ever seen – faster than even my microwave at home. (I might need to get one of these.) And a nice cup of peppermint tea to top it off.

            Might sound like a boring day to some – but I can’t remember the last time I had a whole day to just read and write – two of my most favorite things in the world. I’m sure the last time was before I went back to college a few years ago. For the 4+ years I was in school (with only a brief break between degrees), I felt like all my spare time had to be reading for school. And I’ve read a few Personal Development books along the way – but not anything as luxurious as a novel. I’d forgotten how fabulous it is to get lost in the pages of a novel – and how much I prefer it to mindlessly watching movies.

1 comment:

  1. I love days like this. I'm curious to know, where did you get the Cup of Noodles? It doesn't seem like something that would be sold at the corner fruit stand. ;-)

    ReplyDelete