Tuesday, July 4, 2023

DAY 30 – A PERSONAL SPA DAY

My original plan was for a massage and pedicure while I was here. But massages are ridiculously expensive, and the nearest pedicure is 30 miles away in the next town. So I opted for Plan B.

            While I was in town previously, I went into the Farmacie (that’s how they spell it here) – and they had a nice selection of individual serving packets of spa treatments, so I had grabbed a few things for some self-pampering sometime this week. Since it’s supposed to rain later today, it seemed like the perfect day for a Personal Spa Day.

            The hotel has a beautiful Sauna/Spa Suite, so I schedule some time to have the place all to myself. I grab the big thirsty bathrobe from the hotel room, and my spa stuff – and head down to the lower level. When I get there a carafe of ice cold water, cool peppermint tea, and that lovely woo-woo spa music is all ready and waiting for me. I hop in the oversize spa shower and put a deep conditioner in my hair, a mud masque on my face, feet softener (my poor feet have been in sandals all month with far more walking than expected), and a sugar scrub for my hands – then wrap up in the robe and pop into the toasty warm sauna. A hot sauna on a cool day is a great thing. I sit in there in the bathrobe and lounge in the heat as long as I can stand. Then pop into a slightly cool adjacent shower (they recommend a COLD shower, but I just can’t).

            Then the chaise loungers are just the perfect angle to sit and chill-out – and I even fall asleep. (I love the woo-woo music.) Now all completely relaxed, I head back to my room – and one of the few English channels is showing Sense & Sensibility. (I’d seen the ad, and timed things perfectly.) All soft and warm and relaxed, I fall asleep before the romantic ending.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds bliss! Well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy does all that sound heavenly glad you got a chance to unwind.💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete