Wednesday, July 5, 2023

DAY 31 – FONDUE

It’s a lovely crisp day. It’s 106-degrees at home – the high here in Zermatt is 56 today. I grab my denim jacket as I head out – and even consider a scarf.

            Another bus ride – this time for a restaurant that serves Fondue. I mean, I can’t come here and NOT do fondue. Le Gruyere even sponsors the bus line here – cheese is what this place excels in.

            I find a place that will serve Fondue for one (most places require at least two). Even with the chill in the air, I prefer to sit outside – to enjoy the scenery. The Matterhorn drifts in and out of view in the breaks in the clouds.

            Fondue is just cheese and bread – I mean, it doesn’t get more basic than that. But there is something so magical about Fondue. (Why did we default to Grilled Cheese when we could have done fondue???)

            I used to make Fondue a lot. I’d buy all the different cheeses, the Kirschwasser, and all sorts of fruits and veggies to dip – sometimes even chocolate with marshmallows too. I gave away much of my fondue equipment when I moved last year, but I have no doubt that I’ll break out the Fondue set I kept as soon as I get home. This is divine!

1 comment: