Monday, July 11, 2016

PACIFIC NORTHWEST – The Adventure Never Ends


Well, eventually I made it home. I was gone 26 days and traveled just over 6000 miles in total – 2500 by sea, 3500 by car (tiny car that is). I went everywhere and saw everything & everyone – and had a fabulous time.
   Some people think I’m a bit crazy for doing all that “All Alone” – but what choice do I have???  I’m single, and that means being brave enough to do some things on my own – but that doesn’t mean I’m “Alone”. I was with 25 other LDS Singles in Alaska, and except for my long-weekend in Canada, I was visiting family & friends every step along the way.
   I’ve finally embraced my Singleness – and I’m living the life I’ve always wanted to live. No more waiting for “X” – whatever X is. Besides, I figure that getting out and living life is the best way to meet someone who wants to live this lifestyle too. And I’m certainly a lot more interesting than if I were sitting at home binge-watching Netflix.
   Most people “say” they want to travel, but there’s always something holding them back – I know I was like that for many years. One of my favorite quotes is “Don’t Postpone Joy” – and I don’t anymore. A dear friend also went to Alaska while I was there, but sadly she didn’t make it home – and it was a huge wake-up call to me. Just a few weeks earlier we had compared notes on our different Alaska cruises, looking forward to this “Trip of a Lifetime” – and she’d been in good health, then suddenly died mid-trip. You just never know how much time you have left.
   So, if you want to travel – Travel! Whatever it is that you want to do, set your mind to it and work toward it. Sure there will be obstacles along the way – Life isn’t ever easy – but it sure is worth it. Although I’m still catching up on dirty laundry, I’m also starting to plan my Next Adventure – because all of Life is and Adventure. And I plan on looking back at the end of my life and smiling because I lived the life I’d dream of.

Favorite pics from the trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao5WnNcgJCY
Favorite pics from Butchart Gardens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31V8XIdTnI
A few Selfies from along the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao5WnNcgJCY


No comments:

Post a Comment