Thursday, January 21, 2016

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: For the Love of Music – Music City USA


Another place I’d never been (and an even farther detour) was Nashville. And what could be better than Nashville on New Year’s Eve? I’d done some online research, and decided to really make this a night on the town. I cleaned up and dressed up, and headed for Downtown Nashville.
   There were some fun activities to choose from, so I bought my tickets – then stopped in at The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I haven’t been to one in almost 5 years (it was the ex’s fav), but I decided it was time to head back – besides I love their Broccoli with Mizithra Cheese. Oh, and it’s only 2 doors down from B.B. King’s Blues Club.
   All of the seating for the New Year’s Even Show at B.B. King’s was sold out, but Standing Room still had tickets – and I figured that as one of the most “happening” places in Nashville, it had to be a great place to ring in the new year. And I was not disappointed. Fabulous music by the Blackfoot Gypsies (exactly the type of music you’d expect to hear here), a great crowd, and an amazing atmosphere. Plus, it was super cool to be in a place with so much of this country’s Music History.
   I snuck out just before midnight – mostly because the crowd was doing a lot of drinking and I didn’t want to be out-and-about in a strange city alone after midnight. Besides, I was there alone, had turned down a few drink offers, and absolutely wasn’t going to have a Midnight Kiss with anyone.
   Seeing as how 2015 had been so fabulous, and ended on such an amazing high note – I’m not only starting 2016 on-top-of-the-world, but I am absolutely certain that great things are ahead of me for this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment