Thursday, January 21, 2016

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Eatin’ in Tennessee Ain’t Like Eatin’ Other Places


A few days in Tennesee, sure opened my eyes to “delacies” I’ve never seen before. Admittedly I’m a rather adventuresome eater. In fact, I’ll try just about anything – as long as it isn’t spicy. I’ve eaten horse, rattlesnake, alligator, buffalo, bison, ostrich, etc. I’ve gone to restaurants where you have to take your shoes off, sit on the floor, even eat with your hands. So I decided to try a few of the things that apparently are only popular in Tennessee:
   o   I’m fine with the Fried Pies – and Fried Peach Pie was quite yummy.
   o   I tried out the Boiled Peanuts – but have to admit I’m not much of a fan.
   o   I skipped the Pickled Bologna, because it just looked icky.
   o   I did try Fried Apple Pie Moonshine Jelly, which doesn’t taste much like Fried Apple Pie nor moonshine (not that I know what moonshine tastes like).
   o   But I did draw the line at CANNED POSSUM! YUCK!!! Yup, right there in the convenience store – Canned Possum, made with possum parts — “no more than 20% UNKNOWN plant and/or animal matter.” (Spread on a cracker???) Gotta admit I’m just really glad that I don’t have THAT marketing job! [And, no, I did NOT buy a can!]

Oh, and I ordered a pizza for dinner – simple cheese pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment