Saturday, April 25, 2015

DAY 5 of 50 – Gabbing with the Girls


Yesterday, because I worked from home, I happened to be in Provo at lunchtime. And it just happened that a few of the girls were getting together to celebrate a few birthdays for lunch. Well, I eat lunch! So off I went to join the gang.
   Men probably won’t get it, but women love to get together – just to hang out. There doesn’t have to be food (although there often is). And it doesn’t even matter how many of us there are, or who can manage to make it with crazy work schedules and crazy kid schedules – all that matters is that we get together.
   There’s an energy that is shared between women. We get together and share. Share our trials. Share our joys. Share our learnings. Share our struggles. We mourn together, and we celebrate together.
   God in His infinite wisdom put us all together at this exact moment. He could have sent us down here one at a time, but He knew that we needed each other. And He knew that at this precise moment in my life that I would need these precise people to be in mine. And for that I am very grateful.
   Because today was much more than “lunch”. I could have had a tunafish sandwich at home. But more than a delicious Salad/Sandwich Combo was the simple pleasure of having great people to share my life with.
   So if we haven’t seen each other in a while, give me a call. Let’s do lunch. I’m quite certain that more than just food will be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment