Sunday, December 7, 2014

CHRISTMAS DAY 7 - CHRISTMAS CARDS FOR ADDIE, become part of the story

This evening I had the beautiful opportunity to attend the First Presidency Christmas Devotional with a few friends. And one of the stories shared was that of Ethan Van Leuvens. Ethan was dying of Leukemia, so his entire community rallied together to help him have Christmas early this year - and he died just three days later. I remember seeing this story on the Today Show when it happened in October, and have included a link to that video clip at the bottom of this post.
   It reminded me of another little girl here in Utah that has just one request: Christmas Cards.  Addie Fausett stopped growing when she was age 3, and even now at age 6 only weighs 23 pounds. They can’t diagnose the problem, but one thing they are certain of: Addie doesn’t have much time left. This will likely be Addie’s Last Christmas.
   Because of her health issues, Addie can’t play outside or play with the other kids. And since Addie loves Christmas and loves getting Christmas Cards, her grandparents set a goal: for Addie to get a whole lifetime of Christmas Cards this year. The town of Fountain Green, Utah, is working to help reach this goal by flooding Box 162 with Christmas Cards for Addie.
   So I’m inviting you to help make a very special little girl’s Christmas a little bit brighter, by sending a Christmas Card to Addie:
Addie Fausett, Box 162, Fountain Green, UT 84632

Addie peeking into Box 162
Let's fill it up for her!
   Please send her a card. If you have one, drop it in the mail to her. If you don’t, you can send it through my SendOutCards account – just go to sendoutcards.com/157713; scroll to the bottom and click SEND A CARD. It’s completely free (I’ll even cover the postage).
   As I listened this evening, I was impressed that this whole community helped Ethan – and wished that I could have been part of that great blessing in that darling little boy’s short life. Well, I can be part of sending a card to Addie – and I sent my first card to her this evening as soon as I got home.
   Share this blogpost with your friends, post it on your Facebook - let’s all help make this little Addie’s Christmas just a little brighter. Tonight instead of just reading this story, please become a part of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment