Tuesday, June 14, 2016

PACIFIC NORTHWEST – Introducing Baby


Because I bought my car to replace my motorhome, it was a drastic change. My Smart Car was so small it would have fit inside my motorhome – and as I made the adjustment from driving a 26-foot motorhome to a squishy little 2-passenger car, I joked that it was like driving a rollerskate. After I got home, I got on Amazon and actually FOUND a wind-up key – and I stuck it to the roof of the car.
   As I went to register my car, I decided that it would be fun to get personalized plates. Many years ago we had done that, and it had always been a fun thing – so I wanted to do it again. But what to do?  So, I decided to name my car.
   Hmmm, but what to name it? What would fit and be fun? I bounced around a few ideas off a friend. I got teased quite a bit for getting such a tiny car, but despite the fact that I am not a little woman I do like little things. I have little dogs, I have a fascination with tiny houses, and now I have a little car. But it’s my Baby. Baby – that works. And it’s made by Mercedes Benz. That’s it – it’s a Baby Benz – BABYBNZ.
   But why stop there?  You’ve probably seen some of the incredibly creative and adorable paint jobs on Smart Cars – but that was a little too over the top. (Yes, I do have my limits.) So I decided to get one of those fun license plate frames – something simple, but fun. I finally landed on it:  NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER.
   Yup – it’s silly, unique, just a smidge over the top, and it fits me perfectly. It makes me smile, and life is too short to not smile every chance you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment