Sunday, June 3, 2018

ROADTRIPPIN - THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME


Ok, so admittedly I got a few days behind on my blog. But there it is – the bulk of my trip. There were a few other great stops that I just ran out of time to blog about, like: the Sugar Creek Covered Bridge, a beautiful old wooden bridge now about 200 years old; a 1.4-mile stretch of hand-lain Brick Road, on Route 66, done during the Depression; the John Wayne Museum, the American Gothic House, an old WWII German POW Concentration Camp, three Mormon Temples, a Sunken Garden, a Giant Lincoln Head in Wyoming, and Truckhenge – among others.
   I drove more than 3500-miles roundtrip, and went through 8 states. I made a million stops, saw a bunch of fun stuff (more than I could ever blog about), and really just went everywhere and did everything. And even better than the sites were the family and friends I saw along the way.
   But after a few weeks away, there really isn’t anything like sleeping in your own bed – because, after all, there really is no place like home.





No comments:

Post a Comment