Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 – BRING IT!


I love New Year’s! It’s a fresh start with a blank slate of 365 Opportunities for Fabulousness laying at my feet. I’ve made a list of New Year’s Resolutions almost every year for as long as I can remember, and 2015 is no different.
   In fact, if anything, my expectations for 2015 are even higher than ever. One thing I have learned along the way is that I can accomplish tremendous things – but it takes work, effort, and focus. Fortunately, a little hard work has never scared me away from anything.
   Plus, 2015 is the year I will turn 50-years-old. Yup! I’m not afraid of it – in fact, I’m embracing it. OK, I do have 6-months before I have to truly admit to it, but I’m rather looking forward to it. And with as big as my Birthday Bash celebrations have become, I certainly can’t hide from it – nor do I want to. And there are definitely some things I want to check off my list before I blow out all those candles.
   I have a pretty long list of New Year’s Resolutions. Some of them have to do with health and weight loss. Some of them have to do with my professional life. Some with my spiritual life. Some with my financial life. Some with my social life. And a few completely random things thrown in there too.
   And on Day One, I’m already off to a great start – and feeling incredibly optimistic about the year ahead. I’m in a great place, and have some fabulous irons in the fire. I’ve started a new diet, got in a workout today, made progress on my novel, and worked on a new home-based business – all in all, not a bad first day.
   Because whether it’s January 1st or August 31st, really all that matters is that today we move just a little bit father forward from where we were yesterday. And my resolutions aren’t anything more than a roadmap to remind me the direction I want to be heading. I don’t expect to work on every one of them every day, and I’m pretty darn sure I will have setbacks along the way – that’s simply part of life. But a bad day doesn’t mean a bad life. And if tomorrow goes awry, I still have 363 Opportunities for Fabulousness to start over with.
   New Year’s is just a reminder that every day is a new day and a new start. Maybe I’ll make a note on my calendar to write some new resolutions on February 17th – because, heck, that’s as good a day as any. So grab a pen and jot down a few resolutions. Create a plan for your life, because even though life rarely goes according to plan it’s still better to have a plan than to fly blindly. And shoot for the moon – why not? Even if you miss, you will land among the stars. And I hear the view is pretty great from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment